This journal chronicles the adventures of a risk-taking, systems-thinking, kaleidoscope-eyed, strong-willed, peace-seeking
researcher making moves to lead a simple, impassioned lifestyle that prioritizes smart community development and green
infrastructures. Follow me vicariously through time and space to taste a little slice of my sweet life!

Wednesday, May 23, 2018

I'm a Returned Peace Corps Volunteer!

Wow, two years have flown by! Obviously I did not diligently keep this blog updated the whole time... but I have closed my service with Peace Corps Zambia! I'll tell you, the last three months were easily the hardest... saying goodbye was nearly impossible. For all the local languages I learned to speak, there was no way to express through them the abundant gratitude, pride, and love that I have for the citizens of Mulaushi Village and for the Peace Corps staff headquartered in Lusaka. I have learned more than I have taught, I have gained strength in ways I never imagined and I have parted in time and space with my Zambian family and friends; and, as a result, I feel a void in my heart that will take extensive reflection to fill back up.

I am indeed back in the US and trying to reintegrate! Ha! Seriously, I've been reconnecting with friends and family and Florida and consumer choices and voter opinions and traffic! But I'm having a blast figuring out what comes next. Maybe I have it figured out? I'm planning to start Grad school in the Fall, which means the Summer is all mine!

So what am I up to now? Well, currently I'm resisting the race race and hiking along the Appalachian Trail!! I've missed our wild places and I've grown so used to the outdoor, off-the-grid lifestyle so I dropped onto the Trail in the Smokies and I'm walking north. I'll be updating this journal along my merry way, so stay tuned!

Have an adventure for you and I to explore? Just let me know and we'll go! Oh the places....

Keep It Simple Society.
Your Girl, B.


Missing my fur baby and her babes.

It left like losing my innocence when I parted with two of my best friends/helpers!

This is one of the strongest women I know! And the one who take care of me for 2 yrs. My sister, Noria.

No comments:

Post a Comment