This journal chronicles the adventures of a risk-taking, systems-thinking, kaleidoscope-eyed, strong-willed, peace-seeking
researcher making moves to lead a simple, impassioned lifestyle that prioritizes smart community development and green
infrastructures. Follow me vicariously through time and space to taste a little slice of my sweet life!

Saturday, February 6, 2016

48 hours to go

Learning curve alert...the mobile version of Blogger does not auto save your draft if you click away from it. Needless to say, I am rewriting what I just got out on paper.

Also, to disclaim, I have been running around shopping and to appointments so hastely that I have hardly stopped to process my reality. Still, I feel enchanted and charged!

Reflecting on all my meetings and gatherings with loved ones to say goodbye, I really just wanted to carry on with them as I ordinarily would. I had lunch with my absolute favorite professor from college and coffee with a political leader who I admire as my friend. I spring-cleaned a butterfly garden on the USFSP campus that I helped create. I Om-circled with my sweet hippie friends at the Blueberry Patch, always magic. I played in the band with the old Tavern crew, and still have their songs stuck in my head. Then my girls took me out for dancing on the town last night, complete with St. Pete's famous Cappy's Pizza! The list continues to go on as I wrap things up here and head back to Lakeland to finish packing and say goodbye to my friends and family there.

On Monday I fly out to Philadelphia at 8 am and check into the Sonesta Hotel for Peace Corps Staging. There, we will meet our fellow crazy volunteers and attend sessions to clue us in on what's ahead, including going over paperwork which I still need to review..

So, I will continue to check in with insights and details of my Peace Corps departure preparations! In fact, I feel much calmer when I do :) Pace is the trick!

✌, Brandi

No comments:

Post a Comment