This journal chronicles the adventures of a risk-taking, systems-thinking, kaleidoscope-eyed, strong-willed, peace-seeking
researcher making moves to lead a simple, impassioned lifestyle that prioritizes smart community development and green
infrastructures. Follow me vicariously through time and space to taste a little slice of my sweet life!

Thursday, June 7, 2018

2 Weeks at the DMV

So I'm wrapping up a respite from the woods and ready to get back to hiking. My fate-filled encounter with new friend GQ allowed me to spend more than enough time in the DC/MD/VA are to see friends, eat amazing food, and make myself all too anxious about meeting society's standards. The choices were plentiful and decor, advertisements and flavors enticed my senses. Still, I remain turned off to this area in terms of residency. There are plenty of positively charged cities out there where the same income affords more of the pie. So I bid the capital farewell and forlorn, for the mountains are calling... and, well, you know.. I must go.


Much love to my friends there making it happen and for putting me up and showing me a great time! A couple shoutouts:

To my RPCV fam in the area- Good luck with your careers. I see you on the beat. Don't forget the pace you were once familiar with and appreciate the value of down time.

My Alicia- Thank you for a bliss-filled week, living in your space and sharing your time. The best version of you lies behind those "Gulf of Mexico in the Summer" green eyes. I love you and always will.


Bloss- You've always been clutch, buddy. I'm glad I could distract you from your innovating, fundraising, and email answering. See you again soon. Thanks for all your comfort. Thank Jim and Julia for me, as well.

AJ- Good luck with all your classes at GW and in Oxford. I'm taking notes from your determination and I'm glad we share insights toward law school. Stay focused, you're doing great! Thanks for letting me cuddle with your dogs... I've easily never cuddled so well in my life...ha!


So, I'm going walking for another couple of weeks leading up to The Longest Day Alzheimer's Association event on June 21st. Then I fly home to celebrate life and love and summertime back in Florida with friends and family. Stay tuned to stories from the trail.

As we say in Zambia, Be Free... b.


No comments:

Post a Comment